A look back at J.R. Ewan Elementary

May 16, 2008 by Todd Van Campen
Filed under Audio Slideshow, Multimedia

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.heraldleaderphoto.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/080517Ewan/soundslider.swf" height="426" width="590" /]

J.R. Ewan Elementary School principal Vickie Burke and library media specialist Joni Maloney discuss Ewan’s 99-year history and the school’s namesake. Produced by Ashlee Clark.

805 views

Comments

12 Responses to “A look back at J.R. Ewan Elementary”
  1. KEN ROBERTSON says:

TODD . ENJOYED THE SLIDE SHOW . I AM MRS. EWAN’S OLDEST GRANDCHILD AND WOULD LIKE TO GET A COPY OF THE PICTURES FOR MY MOM WHO WILL BE 90 YEARS YOUNG NEXT MONTH . PLEASE RESPOND .

2. David Stephenson says:

Ken, reprints can be purchased by following the instructions at this link:

3. Donna Mulligan Clark says:

I went to Kenwick school all six years and Mrs. Ewan was the principal.
    Our class put a sundial in the garden in the back. I have since moved away from Lexington but happened to be in town for the weekend and saw this article. What a loss for this city. a beautiful school in a quite neighborhood.

• haha ya i live in ken-wik to and they were trying to make ewan a church and everyone would not let them:long live eawn!!

• Anonymous says:

gfgrgbjftv fvvlhbalkgvbdvl vshelrkgvsdfvgsr glisdgfiwe rfbgvljdsvgo8dbrfgwdbipvgwrdnfbh;wriygt;j3rngl’jefhgvuhwrgjnr/bh’tkjh
        kjgn;wekln glhvblmetn bhl;jhfgjhmnrljnhrghntlh4h;kjgdhhjtnrnhkrlegm
        rkn;iowwjhrnthmltrjhgt,.gmhb;omefn hnjmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
        hole

4. Nicole says:

I went to Julia R. Ewan since from kidnergarten through 5th grade. I now go to to Crawford and I really miss Julia R. Ewan. The teachers were wonderful and I miss going there. My class was the last graduating class. I graduated 5th grade when it closed down. Julia R. Ewan has a lot of history and I would like to know more about it. Please respond. :)

5. hi i didn’t see the slide show but i was one of ewans last students and i went there eight years.ewan tought me some of the most important things in life and i just have to say thanx p.s. mrs.burke was awsome

6. Anonymous says:

i love ALL OF YOU

HFDWBVOIWGHBKSUODTFGWE FLKSDGUFCDSVGOUY

7. GABE says:

HGDUFSDBC SXTGCSDB CLAWEGYWNGLFDTSDHF/SDLJATYGYE/V LDUGF9E4

8. Joey Broyles says:

I attended Julia R Ewan from 1968 to 1974. An amazing experience that created the foundation for my life. The best teachers and fellow students. The Lexington School of Speech and Hearing has done a wonderful job preserving the building. I wish years of success to them.