Senator Clinton Takes A Dip

May 17, 2008 by Jenn Ackerman
Filed under Jenn Ackerman, Second Look, Slideshows

Sen. Hillary Clinton dips a bottle of Maker’s Mark during her tour at the Marker’s Mark Distillery in Loretto, Ky., on Saturday, May 17, 2008. After the tour, Clinton to spoke to a crowd of more than 1,000 at a community picnic at the distillery. Photos by Jenn Ackerman

Comments

15 Responses to “Senator Clinton Takes A Dip”
  1. Tulla says:

Glad Sen. Clinton was able to dip her own bottle of Makers. She’ll need it when she loses the race to McCane.

2. ed schober says:

As the bottle waxes;
    Hillary’s candle wanes..

3. Whiskers says:

Right now we don’t need to worry about who wins in November but better to be concerned about the democratic nominee.

4. Robert Cumming says:

I once again noticed Hilary Clinton breaking the rules -she’s not wearing the provided ,required safety glasses while dipping that hot plasticised wax against company rules.She also broke all traffic rules going to Loretto. Her bus sped past me going at least 80 mph down southbound I-65 .

5. Anonymous says:

WHY I SWICHED FROM CLINTON TO OBAMA:
    In January I strongly considered Senator Clinton as a candidate of my choice – intelligent, eloquent and knowledgeable.
    In February I switched my support from Senator Clinton to Senator Obama based on her mandatory health plan, which I believe would be injurious to poor working class. I am an older, white, and poor working woman and a cancer survivor, so the issue is very dear to me. This mandate would destroy the poorest working class people. I chose to live without insurance in the past, as I absolutely could not afford it, and I VALUE MY CHOICE.
    As I got to know about Senator Obama and his wife Michelle better, I know that they have genuine working class roots and shared our struggles – I understand what Michelle Obama means when they had four spoons at home. Senator Clinton was raised in the comforts of a white successful business owner family and went to a quite exclusive high school.
    Now Clintons are over 100 millions worth, so on her “commute to work with working class “ she did not know how to pour a cup of coffee at a 7-11 shop. Bit out of touch.
    I know that senator Obama will listen and negotiate. His campaign is not divisive. I absolutely condemn all negative attacks manufactured by senator Clinton, especially her role in igniting “Wright controversy” (note that her former church FoundryUMC in Washington DC made a statement supporting Rev. Wright on their website, now archived there)
    her party-destroying, republican-like attacks and presenting Senator Obama as ELITIST (RECALL 2004 KERRY). We working class people need a united Democratic Party. He was raised by a single mom since he was two. His Grandma had to work to help. They lived in apartment in Hawaii. How elitist is that?”
    Barack Obama opposed the war in Iraq from the very beginning and gave profound arguments for his stand. Senator Clinton supported the war in her senate vote without reading the information about it.
    Senator Obama has 12 years of legislative experience, which is 4 years more than Senator Clinton. Senator Clinton is the only First Lady that has ever been subpoenad by court.
    The Obama family are loving and caring, a model Christian family, devoted and loyal to their Church and its community.

6. Anonymous says:

Yet she was not able to pour a cup of coffee at a seven eleven shop in North Carolina, which was shown all over on youtube. A bit out of touch. Or an elitist deficiency.

7. Anonymous says:

“As First Lady of the United States, her major initiative, the Clinton health care plan, failed to gain approval from the U.S. Congress in 1994. In 1997 and 1999, Clinton played a role in advocating for the establishment of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, the Adoption and Safe Families Act, and the Foster Care Independence Act. She became the only First Lady to be subpoenaed, testifying before a federal grand jury as a consequence of the Whitewater controversy in 1996. She was never charged with any wrongdoing in this or any of the several other investigations during her husband’s administration. “
    “After moving to New York, Clinton was elected as senator for New York State in 2000. (…) In the Senate, she initially supported the George W. Bush administration on some foreign policy issues, which included voting for the Iraq War Resolution. She has subsequently opposed the administration on its conduct of the Iraq War, and has opposed it on most domestic issues. She was re-elected by a wide margin in 2006”
    (from Wikipedia)

8. An American says:

So Obama was devoted to his church unlike what he claimed that he had never heard Wright make comments like he did. I am so sorry the Obama’s are so poor but it makes one wonder what happened to their funds especially since Michele received 160% raise after Obama got his senate seat. Obama is a Post Turtle, and, If, he is nominated we will all see that he has not been idle. Just hope it won’t be too late for us. I remember another man that had a dream team behind him and he thought it was funny that he tricked a nation. But he did not get away with it and neither will Barack Hussen Obama

9. Marsha says:

Hey “anonymous” how much do you get paid to blog to Mr. Obama? And if you aren’t then I am more than sorry about the cancer experience you had to go through; however, you need to education yourself more. The mandatory part of Clinton’s health care would have income exemptions, tax credits, etc. for those that can’t afford it. So that people like me, who also don’t make crap for money… can afford it. So, stop trying to scare people off, or stop being paid by Obama, or do your research better.

10. BRITT says:

You guys had the oportunity to turn her head over heals in a boiling pot of wax and didn’t. She is a discrace to the human race!

11. BRITT says:

this vid does a good job of making her apear human…

12. BRITT says:

Socialists:
    Adolf Hitler
    Pol Pot
    Joseph Stalin
    Bonito Musilini
    Hillary Clinton

13. Wang says:

Speaking of Hillary Clinton:

There is bad news about her husband.

It is opined that Bill Clinton committed racist hate crimes, and I am not free to say anything further about it.

Respectfully Submitted by Andrew Y. Wang, J.D. Candidate
    B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
    Messiah College, Grantham, PA
    Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993

(I can type 90 words per minute, and there are probably thousands of copies on the Internet indicating the content of this post.)
    _________________
    “If only it were possible to ban invention that bottled up memories so they never got stale and faded.” Off the top of my head—it came from my Lower Merion High School yearbook.

14. I enjoy reading your web sites. Thanks for your time!|

1. [...] Week in Pictures, it’s high primary season in Kentucky with the two Democratic hopefuls – Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama – making stops; the school year is winding to a close, and for J.R. Ewan, the [...]