Stop and Go

September 29, 2008 by admin
Filed under Audio Slideshow, David Stephenson

Stop and Go is a breath of fresh barbecue in downtown Richmond.

Comments

13 Responses to “Stop and Go”
  1. Melissa Lane says:

I was born, raised, and continue to live in Richmond. I remember being a little girl and hearing my parents tell me about how the people at “Cain’s Diner” would not serve blacks. I remember feeling so sorry not only for the people who were discriminated against, but also for the town itself because of the owner’s ignorance. Spreading hatred like that is a dangerous thing. I’m happy that the people who were once not allowed to step inside are now the owners. It is a great example of karma and a great testament of overcoming society’s obstacles. Good for you, Stop And Go!!!!

2. Julie Ferguson says:

I was a student at EKU 1999-2003. I walked by the then empty Cain’s Diner building wondering what would ever happen to that place! I’m glad to see the Stop ‘n Go has been welcomed to the community! I can’t wait to get back to Richmond and try it out!

3. Jay Gardner says:

Address and phone please

4. The BigGuy says:

White, Black, Red, or Yellow; Green still speaks the same. All the business that was lost because those people judged others on their skin color, in place of their money in hand. Just too bad for them and their business–it is done for them now.

May the new owners have the best of business and serve all the colors of the city, county, and this proud country of ours.

5. JMAN says:

I was born in Richmond and raised their until I was 12 years. I went back to go to EKU. As a person of color I hated Richmond and the white folks that used to call me out my name. I will never stop back in the racist town of Richmond, KY!!

6. What up people !

The Good Doctor here – I’m proud of my brothers – this is what Richmond needs
    - every town has a soul/bbq joint – if you have any type of black population – you have black services – Richmond has been de-voied of that foe years – i challange
    everyone else to step up an start your own business – it dose not have tobe specifically for the Black Community – but it’s a business thats good for everyone
    - their is a lot of talent in Richmond – we just need to believe – look at Stop & Go
    The Doctor

7. florence clay says:

May many blessings come your way.

8. Karl says:

Give me the address and phone number and I’ll put it in the BBQ Points-Of-Interest file for GPS users.

9. Kevin e Martin says:

I Like eating at your stop and go keep up the good Job kevin

10. George Gentry says:

I supported you when you set up at the old American Legion parking lot. I would be disappointed when I’d drive by and you weren’t there. I hope and pray for your continued success.

11. Donna T. says:

CONGRATULATIONS, I TRULY KNOW THAT, THIS A DREAM COME TRUE, AND A BLESSING FROM GOD, ALMIGHTY. SO, HATS OFF, TO ROBERT AND RUSS. WHAT A WONDERFUL CHANGE OF ATMOSPHER, IN THAT ” LITTLE SPOT.” DONNA T.

12. Carey says:

115 East Water Street

Owners: Robert Miller and Russell Cantrell

It is a great place and they do catering too!!

Stop in or call ahead for takeout for co-workers. Hopefully they will have a menu up soon.

13. Carey says: