CastlePost Media Tour

The Versailles Road castle in Woodford County has been renovated after a devastating fire in May of 2004. The Castle, now dubbed CastlePost by owner Thomas R. Post, is open as a tourist home/inn. There are sixteen bedrooms, four of which are in the outside turrets. Hear what Post has to say about his dream come true during the media interview. Photos and audio by David Perry | Staff

Comments

104 Responses to “CastlePost Media Tour”
  1. TIMMY D. says:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP ! PAY UR BILLS ! I ALMOST DIED AT UR SO CALLED CASTLE 3 TIMES! GOT LIQUORE LISENCE ????

2. TIMMY D. says:

did i say something wrong to boy pruitt ?
    pay me now !

3. TIMMY D. says:

pay up now !

4. Arbalest says:

Why did they bother to renovate it to “slightly” resemble the original castle? The original, while unfinished, had a bit more flair, albeit primitive. The new interior is a big disappointment and does not evoke medieval style; it is too modern, gaudy, cheezy and chintzy and the style and furnishings appear to be from a much later time period, say 1860’s. I say this in view of someone wanting to pay money for a “medieval” experience. As a medieval-themed inn, it fails miserably. As a private residence it works better. It looks more fitting as the residence of Bob Guccione….

5. anon says:

Pure cheeziness. I’d rather go to Europe and stay in a real castle for that kind of money. The inside doesn’t even match the outside. I was expecting tapestries and bear skin rugs inside based on the medival and rugged exterior. Big disappointment here folks. Just another tourist trap.

6. Alex-Andrea Mink says:

Well during construction i was forchunite enought to viset the castle with my family it was wonderful.I had so much fun.The castle we were told was gonna be very expencive to stay at.I would love to viset it again.I want to think a man named Vinnie for being so nice to let us vist the castle.So thank you so muck Vinnie.

7. TIMMY D. says:

alex ur right about vince great guy ,hard worker! however ?

8. Linlinlex says:

Timmy D.- can you elaborate on your comments a little. I am curious. Did you work construction for mr. Post and not get paid?

9. J says:

If everyone would shut up and finish up then you would get paid up!

10. Commercial Contracting of Kentucky, Inc. says:

My name is John Moore one of the contractors out at the Castle, and it was an absolute privlage to work with Mr. Post on rebuilding the Castle. It is truly a Castle on the outside and a mansion on the inside. I would like to make just one statement to the acusations against Mr. Post not paying his bills. It is entirely not true! The charachter of Mr. Post is good and kind! Mr. Post has helped so many families by building this Castle. Every man or female that helped re-build this magnifacent Castle for Mr. Post was paid very well for a long period of time. Many are grateful for what he brought to not only Lexington, but to their table every night and that was… security ! In a time that the economey was so bad they were able to make it through by Mr. Post providing jobs for many people. The acusation of Mr. Post not paying his employees is entirely false! It has came a time for the job to be done and completed for their last pay checks and sadly many are slacking and not wanting their job to end. Please remember of how far Mr. Post has brought you and how well you were paid. Finish the jobs that you have done so well over this long period of time.Then I can ensure you everyone will be pleased and paid in full. Thank you Mr. Post for allowing me to be apart of Castle Post, and for all that you have done for my staff and their families.

11. John Moore/ says:

12. ann .o says:

HI my name is ann you know that some of the commits are a littlie childess but i think the castle looks grest i would love to take a toure to see in side. one said they would go over sea to stay at a real castle. well i think this one is as real as it gets in my book. i dont have the money to say the night .but i love looking at it on my way to work .so i have nothing more to say but it looks grest. thank you

13. I was one of the first to stay the night 2/21/09 after attending a Red Cross fund raising event in The Castle Post. My friend Maria Lomax ,also from Owensboro, Ky., had a wonderful time. It snowed that night which made the evening even more special. The staff made our stay in the castle an entertaining and safe night. We were the first guests to wake the next morning and had coffee with the excellent security guards. The furnishings and food added to our stay in the castle. In the event we are invited back, we will certainly try to attend. I hope others will have the oppurtunity to visit The Castle Post.

14. Anonymous says:

DO U KNOW THE COMMERICAL, ASK SHERWIN WILLIAMS ?

15. Georgia A. Mulder says:

I am glad that the castle is complete. It gives Lexington something unique, it should attract a lot of tourist business. I however think that a $1000.00 a night is far to much for the average person. I always wanted to see what a castle looked like on the inside, unfortunately I will never get the chance because I can’t think of anything worth paying a $1000.00 a night to see. I think making the price more affordable would be more profitable for you and serve the people of our town better.

16. Anonymous says:

I think the Castle looks amazing and the interior pictures are pretty impressive! The majority of people in central KY that have known of and driven by the castle a good part of their lives will never get to stay the night because of the rediculous prices. I would love for them to host one or more Open House events where the general public could actually get a chance to take a tour.

17. Anonymous says:

I heard that the room rates have been lowered significantly. If I’m correct, 2 people can stay for 375 per night in a smaller room which is still very nice, and that includes an incredible dinner and breakfast. Very reasonable.

18. P. Riggs says:

My Mother lived in Lexington when she was younger and my grandfather and grandmother lived in Lexington .. until my grandfather died .. my grandmother continued to live there sometime later, then moved to Louisville .. My grandfather worked on the horse tracks in many states. As children on the trip back and forth to grandmothers’ house I would always look at this Castle and wonder .. what had happened .. I saw a few days ago about The Mystery Castle in Kentucky was going to be on television and we are going to be told some history about the castle and get to take a tour inside. I personally think it would be a great idea for it to be a bed and breakfast .. especially when the “DERBY” comes around

19. Dianna says:

I have lived in KY since 1979 and driven by the castle many times….as I am a Woodford county resident…I am happy that Mr.Post has made this a place we can be proud of! How many other people can say they have a castle in their town????? It is truly remarkable and thank you Mr. Post! And thank you to Vinnie for a tour-it was truly awesome to see inside what we have dreamt about for years!

20. JoAnne says:

Versailles, (Woodford County) Kentucky is most proud that Thomas R. Post came in and resurrected the Castle on Pisgah Pike. I have met Mr. Post and find him to be a generous and genteel gentleman that I call friend. Thank you Tom for all you have done for our community!

21. Angel says:

$1000/night? ouch! I bet it’s worth it though. So, I wonder what it would run to have a wedding there? still $1000 for just 4 hours?? :) I really would like to have my wedding next year, in a castle!

22. Bryan Courtney says:

I worked at castle post before the fire and i would like to say that Mr. Post was a great guy to work for. The people that are saying they didnt pay them are just trying to badmouth him. I was there the day after the castle burned down and I saw Mr. post actually cry and I truely belived he was sincere. By the way Mr. post is a very generous person and I was paid atleast $5 more on the hour than anyone else in town was paying. And for the people crying about the price……ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE. IT WAS REBUILT FOR THE RICH PEOPLE THAT GO TO KEENELAND AND THE KENTUCKY DERBY. SO SAVE YOUR $$$$ AND MABYE YOU CAN STAY THERE B 4 YOU DIE!!!!!!!

23. Anonymous says:

and

24. Anonymous says:

what

25. Vikki Leedy says:

I lived in Versailles in the late ’70’s and early ’80’s. I drove past this castle every day.I always prayed I would live to see the finish. I am so excited that it has been restored and finished in such elegance. I sure hope to come and visit soon. Thank you for sharing this with the public, a great attraction for KY.

26. Dalayna says:

This castle purely took my breathe away tons of time when my mother would drive past it on our way to Virginia. I want my wedding there because its absolutely beautiful. And I find that the costly,But it is worth it.

27. Anonymous says:

Can people vist or tour this building? me and my family are here visiting and was wonding if anyone has any information on this subject?

28. Isaac says:

My fiance and I were tossing around ideas on where to get married. This castle was mentioned. Anyone know how much it runs to have a wedding here? Thanks!

29. Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums
    that deal with the same subjects? Thanks a lot!

30. Shannon says:

MY sister is wanting a wedding done in a castle plz email me I really would like to have this done for her they are both in the navy, ty

Shannon

31. Wow….helpful blog post and contents right here.
    The articles here are incredibly practical!!!! Any kind
    of RSS feed here? :-) I had been checking for regularly up to date articles
    on the subject of castle.

Feel free to visit my web page :: pros and cons of internet tv

32. Dude…great website you have right here. Heaps of high-quality posts as well as similar
    facts!!! Do you already have any kind of content in regard to castle?

Feel free to visit my webpage; best internet tvs reviewed

33. babyliss Fake pictures – The Perfect babyliss ‘cheat’ Which Fools 87.5% of the users
    Genuine Leather jack wolfskin usa save 75% http://www.jeremyramsey.com/jack-wolfskin-bag/jack-wolfskin-usa-19rc.html

34. Essential is a good set of insulated waders as well as a hooded, waterproof coat to wear over your clothing and waders.
    At times, your sailing instructor may need to issue an order and have it followed immediately.
    You can then take your armored vehicle and cash it in at a chop shop, creating a nice little criminal spree combo.

Also visit my blog: Fiberglass Marine Outdoor Freezer Units

35. Hmm….helpful blog and data here. These information on this site are really insightful!!!!
    Any Feed on this website??! I have been exploring for frequently up-to-date information regarding
    castle.

Review my web page some advice about cleaning your carpet

36. seo Enfield says:

Whats up his is somewhat of offf ttopic but I was wondering if blogs uuse WYSIWYG
    edtors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog son but have no coding experience so I wannted to gget guidance from someone with experience.

Any help would be enormously appreciated!

My blog post seo Enfield

37. Heya superb website! Does running a blog similar to this take a lot of work? I have no knowledge of coding but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, should you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject but I just needed to ask. Thanks!

38. Rodger says:

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It’s always interesting to read through articles from other authors and use a
    little something from their websites.

39. Google says:

We like to honor quite a few other world-wide-web websites on the net, even though they aren

40. Natisha says:

Loving the information on this website, you have done outstanding job on the blog posts.

1. [...] View CastlePost media tour audio slide show here. [...]