UK SEC Tournament Practice

The University of Kentucky basketball team practiced Wednesday afternoon in the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, Fl. to prepare for the SEC Tournament. UK plays Ole Miss Thursday at 1 p.m. in the opening game of the 2009 tournament. Photographs by Charles Bertram | Staff  READ MORE UK SEC COVERAGE

Comments

9 Responses to “UK SEC Tournament Practice”
  1. B. Gilbert says:

Charles,

It’s going to be hard to get rid of those basketballs now that they have been defaced! :)

2. Keith says:

Go Cats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

3. janice lacy says:

GO CATS111111111 WE ARE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY111111 GO BIG BLUE111111

4. Blake Buck says:

I actually have a lot to say to Kentucky sports fans. I love Kentucky basketball, but more than that I love Kentucky sports. Since Mitch Barnhart has been here, he has made us national contenders at every sport whereas we used to only be contenders for basketball. How could you want to get rid of someone like that. Not only that, but I guarantee that if any of you knew him on a personal level you would never want to get rid of a man like him. MITCH NEEDS TO STAY!!

5. Curtis says:

There is so much parity in college basketball these days and dynasty’s no longer exist…so winning a National Championship every 8 to 10 years should be acceptable…recognizing your Cats may not make the dance without a deep run or winning the SEC title may make this statement hard to believe or accept, but Gillispie is a winner and given time and buy-in to his tough defensive schemes UK will win the title I predict in the next 2 or 3 years…very few if any coaches in the country are as passionate about the game…if you choose to let him go I am sure many places would love to have him..I would love to see Blue Nation with a title in the next 2 or 3 years with BCG leading the way…stay the course!

• Toni says:

I agree with Curtis, I think given time, Gillespie has the recruting where-with-all and coaching ability to bring UK back into National prominence. With that being said, I think the “true-blue” fans need to take a step back and look very hard at their comments against Gillespie. After all the Gillespie bashing, and prior to, the Tubby bashing, do you really think any coach worth his salt would want to come and coach at KY, knowing what’s in store for him after losing a couple of games? I think not. Why would anyone want to put themselves through that?

Go CATS!

6. Tricia says:

I say the problems are not just Billy BUT he sould speed up the offense and let other player (like Miller) shot the ball we would be in better shape. Miller has a great shot but is afraid to shot because he is afraid he will be taken out. I understand wanting to get the ball into the middle but when Patterson has 2 or 3 guys on him and Meeks has someone glue to his hip let some else shot the ball (because someone has to be open). I also think Galloway should be playing over Porter because he can drive the ball inside. I know he can be out of control but some times that get this done and the defense not knowing whats going. Some of the things the Billy does just don’t make sense. I say one more year and if he doesn’t do any better then out he must go! GO BIG BLUE!!!

7. Charles says:

Until Billy G addresses the discipline problems on his team – he will never gain the respect of any of the other players and therefore there will never be a T-E-A-M! I don’t care who you are – you need to have rules and follow them. NO EXCEPTIONS!

8. Rich says:

Billy is awful! He has the players scared to play! He makes no game time adjustments! He will set UK bball back to the days of Eddie Sutton or worse!